Monday, July 14, 2003

Wasabi Powder n Caffeine Mints, All in my Wallet

Yesterday certainly was a large load of awesome. As planned, the group adventure to the Woodlands mall #2 took place. The participants: Larkin, Rob, Kim, Todd, Julia, and I. A fine crew to fit in that huge Sherman tank of a van Larkin's mom has. But it has air-conditioning, and Larkin is a remarkably good driver on highways. Our first stop- the mall, and Hot Topic.

While Rob and Todd walked around like kids in a candy shop, buying new goth clothes to stain with angst, I found meself a snazzy new red wallet, complete with detachable chain for assasination. Of course, it took about ten minutes for me alone to check out, due to some boy and mother struggling with a checkbook. Really a funny sight to see a middle-aged sweater vest-clad woman buying her son huge black pants with spikes and chains and zippers and buckles and goth shit. But I got my wallet. It beat the shit out of my ten year-old, pink and green HBO/Cinemax wallet.

Next, to the food court. Larkin bought me a cup of coffee, and I returned to Rob and Todd's table while the female half of the group went to watch Larkin buy underwear. That's a G-string, Rob. So just, remember, if you want any, they're still only 1.99 at Express.

We headed off to Target so Todd could buy some dark-looking pants, but he nearly wasted that trip by not buying pants. Luckily, Rob bought pants, and Julia bought goldfish, so we left. How interesting that was. But I did find some nice sunglasses at Target to replace my broken ones from the mall. And the ones at Target don't look like shit. I shall go back with ten bucks and get a pair.

World Market is almost as cool as the Asian market. I swear. I got the wasabi powder I need, and some caffeine mints. So fucking awesome. And Julia got a bunch of weird candy that tastes like the something something graceful lady. Yeah. Unfortunately, she fed Larkin one or two, and this unbalanced her sugar (Larkin's somewhat diabetic), so she became all tired and dehydrated and stuff. After dropping people off, we just went to her house and took a nap. She took me out for sushi. Wonderful creature. I can't thank her enough times for all the things she does for me. I can't thank her enough for actually enjoying weird, exotic Asian food. Who the hell else would go with me to eat raw octopus, wrapped in seaweed and pickled rice, seasoned with fish eggs?

No comments: