Friday, July 04, 2003

Wake Up, You Sons of Bitches!

Sitting around my house. Waiting for people to wake up and get online. I guess I could use the phone, but who likes the phone? I can type almost as fast as I talk anyway. Made the pico de gallo for our 4th of July dinner, and now all that's missing is Larkin. Ah, Larkin. Wonderful, soft, sweet-smelling, blue-haired Larkin. We've been going out for nearly four months.

Hmm. I need to write a rant. Let me browse cnn.com real quick.

President Bush speaks Friday at Wright-Patteron Air Force Base.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/04/bush.day.ap/index.html

Man. Yet another reckless, hardheaded patriotic anti-terrorism speech- and sapping strength from the 4th of July! "Since that September day," he says. I guess whoever writes his speeches is running out of good synonyms for "9-11". I mean, he talks about it a fucking lot. It's the only thing Bush can use to justify sending half of the most powerful army in the world into the desert hellhole that the Middle-East is. I mean, he's seperating these troops from their families to wage some biblical war on "evil"! Now he wants to send troops to Liberia too! Is Bush slowly turning into a dictator, or what? With all these attacks on, well, everyone, it seems like he's taking over the world.

He says we won't stand by and wait for another attack. Well, fuck. What other attacks have their been in our own country? The only bloodshed happening now isn't in our own homes, it's on the other side of the world. But he's right. We're not waiting for attacks. We're just making more of them. I bet the average foreigner thinks the Americans are the terrorists...

No comments: