Wednesday, July 16, 2003

The Shit

OW. Most every muscle fiber in my arms, my shoulders, and my chest is filled with lactic acid. It's all leaking out of the muscle cells and being all corrosive or something. Yeah. I'm sore, in other words. Another big workout day with Sterling and Shawn- I am becoming one buff son of a bitch. I swear though, it's cool! I love being in good shape! You can do shit, like jump around everywhere and sprint really fast and walk all Legolas balance-style over big pipes across a creek!

So yeah. A nice day with Larkin I had today, after workout and swimming at Shawn's. I actually made some money this morning installed my neighbor's DSL modem, and so I was able to actually buy Larkin some coffee at Starbucks. The both of us hadn't eaten, and I'm now a whore for protein to regenerate my overtaxed muscle fibers, so Larkin bought me a tuna sandwich at Subway, and we ate outside. Just because I'm really enjoying this concept, I let me new, super-awesome blue-black-dark brown-silvery hair down (I haven't though of a name for the color it is yet) and let it whip around in the wind, induced by this damn hurricane that just nearly missed us. Damnit! I wanted a nice thunderstorm! But yes. I'm ecstatic about my new, temporary look. It's just so different! I love dark hair, and now I've got some. Do check out the pictures on the previous post, if you haven't seen me recently.

I'm tired as all that is undead and decaying. But fuck it. In light of Larkin's idea, I'm going to compose a list of the inanimate objects I love most.

1.Larkin's van. My flaming slipgate to the world.
2.Knives.
3.Dr.Pepper.
4.Those flower candies they sell at the Asian market.
5.Tea. Any kind. From the sweetest jasmine green tea to the most fucked up blend of artichokes and balsam apples- I love brewed hot drinks.
6.And coffee. Where would mankind be without its ultimate wakeup ability and awesomeness?
7.My computer. It's a nice escape for when I'm bored these days, or waiting for Larkin to get home. My life kicks a lot of ass now, and I have friends that I hang out with often, so I'm not quite as much a computer zombie as I was some time ago. Plus, I've got an unruly shitload of music on it.
8.My blog. Sure, it's a bunch of digital bits and bytes, but it's my baby. I archived it in word awhile ago, and it was about 76 pages in 6 pt. font. It's a wonderful tool for tracing the progress of my teenage life.
9.My story. Yes, the thing about Jim the Karate Florist. I haven't worked on it in quite some time, and sure, it's no masterpiece, but I like having something at least "in the works". I've never really written any stories, and so I've had fun making up my characters and plot. Someday I'll finish it. Someday.
10.My new wallet. It is fucking awesome. It jangles when I walk!
11.Roses. I love flowers and their crazy phototropic tilts toward sunlight.
12.Sandwiches. Ah, 9-grain wheat bread, you are my only friend. I could eat a bread sandwich made out of you.
13.My hair. Yeah, I love it. And not just now because it's blue. I've always loved it, no matter what the fuck people have said about it- it represents something outrageously different about me, in the midst of a majority of short, spiky-haired (with bleach... ugh!) Christian masses. I'm pretty sure I'd have zero authority if I didn't have it.
14.My speakers! I rattle my mothers lamps downstairs with my subwoofer!
15.My clothing. Most of it, anyhow. At least the stuff you see me wear. I am so happy with the mini-style I've developed for myself, which is relatively unique- the whole button-down work shirt thing, with the khaki cargo pants. And now it is complete, with my chain wallet and bluish hair.
16.My bed. It's where I pass out at three to four A.M.
17.My glasses. Well, for the most part. If I ever actually want to see something sharply. I sort of prefer everything nice and nearsightedly blurry these days- the world's more of a flowing, vague dream than a detailed, high-res lithograph that way. I'm glad my vision went to hell at puberty.
18.My sunglasses. And yes, I know they're broken, but imma get some new ones I saw at target, that have silver frames, won't rip my hair out when I take them off, and aren't FALLING A-FUCKING-PART like the ones at Gadzooks! Never buy sunglasses there. Ever.
19.My poetry. I've got the copies of those things I gave Larkin all folded up in a drawer, along with her letters to me. And now I've got em all digitized and archived on my computer. Quite a collection, actually- I must've written about 25 at least towards the end of the school year.
20.The Chibo Matto CD Larkin burned for me. It's the only thing I can listen to in Linux. And I likes it.
21.That reverend coat they sell at Hot Topic. I'm getting that Marble Slab job. I'm getting it, I'm getting 80 dollars, and I am buying one of those motherfucking coats.

I can't think of much else right now, actually. But yeah, that's a general idea of shit I like.

No comments: