Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Back from region rehearsal, and finally with time to write of last night's concert.

It was unbelievable.

All three of our songs, Chip as the soloist on the spiritual, Lisa playing the clarinet on My Heart's In the Highlands, Ms.LeMay playing the piano, everything right down to peoples' ties was perfect. Even the junior high kids didn't sound bad. It was the best choral performance I've ever been to, much less performed at. That will all change next year. It was announced that the Klein High School Chorale will be the feature choir on our trip to New York in the spring; which means Moses Hogan will be conducting us seperately from every other high school choir that will be there. In Avery Fisher Hall, in Lincoln Center. Yes, we're that cool, though there is an infinite amount of added preparation we must go through for this. It will be the experience of a lifetime.

On today. In electronics, our 'projects' have finally come in, which are really nothing more than little circuit board kits. Pretty easy stuff, although at least it teaches us a slight amount of skill at this type of thing. People will finally have to learn how to solder correctly. There is never anything more interesting than that in that class. Soldering.

In programming, we're continuing to create little programs that calculate prices for a company, short equations, averages, and basic concepts like that. Or should I say BASIC. As far as Mrs.Gonzales tells us, this is as complicated as Visual BASIC will get. And, that's true. The name of the course is Business Computer Programming, not Gaming Industry Programming. The typical programmer works with teams to create boring accounting software. Yes, I am interested in a career in computer programming, or perhaps any computer-related occupation. And it may sound silly, but I'd rather be working on the Half-Life 2 team with Sierra, or a Quake 4 team with iD Software than determining the average Joe's yearly salary. Like I've said before, I live for singing and technology. Singing is an artform, and so is gaming; no matter how mindless it is.

I don't really care to talk about English anymore. There's really just nothing to talk about.

In chemistry, I believe I'm beginning to understand the five systems used to name compounds. Roughly. Valence numbers and oxidation are important, as far as I know; the rest is up to the teacher. Damnit, it's cold in that class.

In choir, of course, we watched a recording of our concert last night. It wasn't anything near the sheer magnitude of this year's chorale singers in the acoustics of that church, but it was still mesmerizing to watch. I love that spiritual.

Geometry. Claire was jealous that we're the feature choir in New York, and that Liederkranz just goes to Washington, D.C. in a year or two. I just tell her she'll be in chorale next year anyway.

Before I sign my joyful little self off, I just have to say it. Rob's website sucks. A lot.

No comments: