Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Tuesday. I don't mind tuesdays nearly as much as mondays, because for me, tuesdays are the start of the week. After a nice, long, relaxing weekend, monday smacks you in the face with a baseball bat, and then steps on your back when you get home. Tuesday is the beginning; and everyone knows it. On monday, you know the week is coming, you know it will be there, but there's still that insignificant feeling that you might get out of going to school, work, etc. On tuesday, you just have to face the music, it's forced, but I don't mind it. The sooner I can get a week of school over with, the better to sit around like a bum on the weekend.

I think today might be a decent day, as usual, once I get past my lunch period. I'm really hoping that we'll actually learn something in electronics today; I didn't take the class to learn about old movie, the same as I didn't take programming to learn about computer history. There are really some people in my programming class who couldn't use windows explorer if they tried, and it bugs me. I just want to learn something in my electives, whereas some people want to take classes for easy A's. I can't stand it.

In choir this week, we've got a little patriotic theme going on. Wednesday, which is the day of my district rehearsal, we've got some flag-raising event, where we have to sing the Star-Spangled Banner. Frankly, I think America the Beautiful was always a better candidate for the national anthem. In any case, I've got to go to that, because it's a rehearsal after this whole thing's over, and participation makes the directors like you. Friday, there's one of those stupid pep rallies in the courtyard, one of those damned school spirit, patriotic, enthusiasm-fests where we also have to sing the national anthem. I've never been a terribly hysterical person, I never have cheered at those pep rallies, school sports games, things like that. I'm a pretty quiet and withdrawn person, I prefer to watch things and not make a fool of myself. I know a lot of people really do get into those events, but I don't share their enthusiasm. Also on the calendar for choir - homecoming. That's right, I'm forced to go to homecoming this year, at least for 5 minutes or so with the choir, to again sing the national anthem. I honestly haven't figured out if I want to go, sing, and come back, or actually ask someone to go with me. There's really only one person I'd choose to ask to homecoming anyway, that girl in my chemistry class, but as it might be easy to tell, I've never been into massive social events. I prefer to get together with a couple of friends, watch movies, play computer games, that kind of thing, but I don't like huge gatherings. Easier to make yourself look better in front of the people you know. This time, my fondness of that girl may overweigh my reluctantness to go, but she would, after all, have to say yes first. And I'm not great at things like that either. I'll most likely get her email address, AIM screenname, something like that and ask her over the internet, where I'm generally a lot more open-minded and talkative; it's geeky, I know, but it's me. Besides that, a friend of mine who I've known for a few years is in that class with me, and I would regret it for the rest of my life if the girl turned me down in his range of hearing. I'm done for today.

No comments: