Monday, September 30, 2002

I know, I haven't updated in awhile, but I've been kinda lazy, and tired, and my computer is still royally screwed up. New motherboard won't be here till Wednesday, which also sucks. But here's how my wonderful Monday went.

In electronics, no one could understand Ohm's law, which is something like amps over volts=current (he didn't bother teaching it to us). Therefore, until Wednesday, we'll be watching Apollo 13. This one's principal-approved! It's got soooo much electronics in it. Yeah.

Oh how I wish I could smite down everyone in my programming class with some sort of unholy wrath. Unfortunately, all I've got is long hair and a multisyllabic vocabulary, but hey, it's a start. Today consisted of us opening up a pre-made program, and modifying many aspects of it. As usual, the juniors who sit to the left of me just copied off me again. I keep telling them they're going to fail the hell out of the class when we actually have a project to do, but it's their funeral, and it's my matches that I get to throw on their coffins. Although, if I knew these people a little better than I do, I would be concerned for them. It's so astonishing to hear these people ask you how to change the background color of an application after six weeks of being in the class. They couldn't make an exit button for a calculator program if I gave them a damn handbook. And actually, we do have handbooks. All the worse for them.

In English, we had some lazy substitute teacher whose sole job was to turn on the stereo so we could listen to some science-fiction novel. There were about two people who weren't sleeping, of course, when the word 'gay' was mentioned in the context, and didn't refer to homosexuality, everyone broke out in laughter. Ugh. I can't stand immature people; there are some guys in there that act like sixth graders all the damn time. I'm just so thankful we didn't have to read this one out loud. There were big words like 'commander' and 'you'.

Well, chemistry was allright, not phenomenal, but at least we got to do this lab which involved putting chemical X into chemical Y. Gotta love those real easy ones that don't require many mathematical equations. That's about it. Halley went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding with some friends; I was going to go with, but it would've seemed a little awkward. 'C'mon guys, don't miss our triple date (and John) to the movies!' Hah.

Meh, choir. Mr.Raddin got in a car accident, and seemed to be having a great deal of trouble from whiplash. I sang the hellishness of Monday away with that spiritualish song.

More stupidity in geometry today. This girl who sits behind me was unable to subract 11 from 180 today in her head, and had to get out a sheet of paper to do it on. She's 17. Think about it; this means that this chick can drive a car, but can't figure out her gas milage.

As you can see, I'm really, really fucking tired of all this sheer ineptitude and incompetence. Why can't people understand such easy concepts? Especially in electronics and programming. If you ask me, we just need concentration camps for retards, make them die out so there will actually be a generation of human beings who can tie their shoes and have the intelligence to not drink the amount of alcohol needed to kill you in 30 minutes. It's never going to happen, I know. But we seriously need a little more Darwinism in our lives.

By the way, I made district, just forgot to post it on here. 29th in my room, which is actually pretty bad, but hey, I was sick. Now we move up to region, and the music is insanely hard. If you had a gothic cathedral the size of France, this is the kind of Renaissance stuff you'd sing in it.

Saw the doctor again, and I'm beginning to believe that there's some serious incompetence, or maybe just inefficiency in the medical community. This is the second time I've seen this doctor about the breathing problem I've got, and they said something like 'Yep, he's got a definite click to him.' Well what the hell does that mean? This is not a minor annoyance, people. I can't do very much without being out of breath afterwards. I can ride my bike at a decent pace, but it just about kills me. I need treatment, not more tests. What the hell is up with doctors? They charged us 60 bucks for her to say that. Ah, wait, that's right. Since I've also got a very noticeable heart murmur, they had to routinely hook me up to a panasonic printer, in layman's terms. I recall them saying something like, 'Ok John, now we're going to see how your heart is, and if you're going to have any imminent fatal heart failure in the next few weeks.' You know, I saw this really great picture on someone's MSN profile a few days ago. Allow me to quote it.

How about a nice, warm cup of STFU.

No comments: