Monday, September 09, 2002

On a scale from crappy-average-decent, I'd say this was a crappy-average day, not quite like I had subliminally expected, but things can't always go the way you want em to. Today was like any monday basically.. The kids in the electronics class were screwed up from drinking the previous night, and the kids in English were too tired to talk. Chemistry was allright, but my new buddies in there weren't really talkative either. Mondays are all the same; I'm just glad I don't have district choir rehearsal on them, not to mention boy scouts, which I quit years ago. As usual, the people in my geometry class were being retarded and hysterical, but that's another thing that'll never change. I sit at a group of desks with a short and stout kid named Josh, and some bookworm who things he's a genius (but is barely pulling a C- in the class), as well as some African-American girl who, undoubtedly thinks the other three of us are crazy; some more than others. You see, I gave up Pokemon cards a good while ago, like in sixth grade? This Josh kid, he's obsessed with every kind of card game, but what's more, he's a complete Japanese anime fanatic. Don't get me wrong, I think Japanese culture is wonderful, and I'm a huge anime fan myself, but I'm generally pretty casual about it, I don't run around drawing little kanjiis on the backs of my hands and wearing bright-colored Dragonball Z shirts every day. It's just bad. In any case, we're still watching movies in electronics after doing a minimal amount of work.. Can anyone tell me what The Abyss has to do with PSpice code? To tell you the truth, it's probably for the best, there are seniors in there who can't figure out the metric system, it really makes me want to swing something heavy at them when they ask what a volt or an ampere is, but I think I'll refrain from that until they start making fun of my haircut. I should really say 'lack of haircut', but I like the way it looks, and I've never been a fashion fanatic; as far as I'm concerned, if I like it, it goes. I think my sense of fashion is based on common sense anyway, I can't understand why people get all these piercings and crap, and not only just the fact that they do, but the fact that they try to hide it while in school. In my opinion, if the administration tells you you're screwed if you do this, just don't do it. If I ever have a really serious problem with the rules, or the school system, I'll write a letter of complaint, or something, but I guess some people just have a problem with authority. Sigh. Tried selling some of those useless entertainment books for the choir fundraiser today, and I know it's too late, but man, I'm either not good with people or not a natural salesperson, but I'm thinking both. I've never been a really social guy, but selling stuff goes beyond being social.. You have to be vicious. You have to pound your product into the heart of the innocent and helpless and you have to make them love it. Telemarketers suck, but you've got to admit, after being called 30 times or more while you're eating dinner with your family, you must stop and wonder... My god, what the hell IS (insert crappy product name here)?! The old people down the street weren't home, and my neighbors are too broke to cough up 20 bucks for the thousand that I'll have to pay if I even want to think about going to New York for choir this year. It'll be fun, I guess, but when you add that to the spring trip in Dallas, things get expensive. Oh well, Dallas will be fun.. Spring trip was the best thing I've ever done with the choir last year, but then again, San Antonio is cooler than Dallas, and I enjoyed last year's trip for reasons other than singing and staying in a hotel.

No comments: