Sunday, October 30, 2005

photodump time so you will all sit and wait painfully for my journal to load

Did I mention Ashley and I broke up? Not on the blog, I guess. We did, about a week ago, but it's all good because we're super awesome buddies anyway. I usually try not to mention sensitive topics like this on the Interwebnet but I thought it necessary before I write the following.

To sum up what's been happening this week, I met the cashier at The Beehive on Friday night who gave me a note recognizing my interest in coffee and suggesting that we indulge in such a bitter brew together. I thought it was a smooth pickup line--anyone who enjoys a cup of joe and decent conversation is cool in my book. Went to hang out with her yesterday but she was working again, so we only got to talk occasionally. Hoping to arrange a more relaxed rendevous sometime when, god help me, I'm not busy.

In other news, I've been having an absolute fucking blast at work, giving some love to otherwise ugly plate presentation:





I have also, of course, been at this "Beehive Coffeehouse", the men's room of which is pictured in the previous post. I have been riding the T:

Exploring the city I live in:

Rocking the local political scene and staying alert on the issues with my good friend the Post-Gazette:


Today I am fairly bored. I went on a psychadelic fun photography adventure for something to do. First I went to Point State Park to take the obligatory autumn leaf-changing photos, as well as some city skyline/Ohio river valley stuff.






See? I told you it's awesome. Once I'd seen all there is to see at the Point, I headed to the North Side to take some cityscape photos and take a daytime look at the place I'm hopefully moving into in late November.






I arrived at the future snack shack as soon as my camera batteries died. Check it out:
Okay, so it's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it's a decent neighborhood with a nice big park and a grocery store. And the house has windows, something that will probably not cease to amaze me for weeks and weeks and weeks if we land this deal.

No comments: