Friday, October 07, 2005

mahadeva


Damn, damn. One of the cooks at work hasn't been showing up for his shifts, so once again I gotta work double time to cover the place. Instead of closing tonight and getting off at nine tomorrow, I'm closing both days by myself. I really hope Mike, the GM, is there to help me out, because I'll be managing the kitchen alone quite a bit during these evenings, which is stressful at best. It doesn't matter though--just two more really late nights ahead of me and I get my day off, and I'm really happy today anyway because it's freakin' payday. And I have a lot of hours on this pay period.

Class was nice today. Vegetarian chili, lentil soup, fresh tomato salsa, and mushroom risotto with parmesan. Turns out I made the best risotto in the class, so I felt pretty good when chef asked everyone to come over and taste mine to see what it ought to be.

~you're ruined your own lands
you'll not ruin mine

No comments: