Wednesday, October 05, 2005

nocturnal dining on sixth street bridge

Missed a couple classes lately due to oversleeping. Not going to let that happen again; working 35+ hours a week and going to school is tough, but it's nothing I can't handle with a little determination. Besides, it's easier this week. Same schedule, but I had Sunday off so I could sleep. Everyone but me is getting the flu anyway, so I ought to have an edge on something.

Today's my other day off this week, which is totally sweet. I haven't been able to run around the city aimlessly like I enjoy doing, and I plan to do plenty of that tonight. And study at Starbucks with lots of espresso (I think I might get an espresso machine and get good at brewing myself).

Sparkling wine tasting today! Wines class is awesome--we've tasted a lot of neat Rieslings and Sauvignon Blancs and Cabs and Shirazzes and all that good stuff. Yesterday we passed around an empty Dom Perignon bottle from 1794. I'm looking forward to studying for the CSW test.

No comments: