Wednesday, October 19, 2005

how do we work the freight elevator

Made some rice pilaf with curry, onions, mushrooms, and garlic today, while group production included cream of broccoli soup and chicken tetrazzini. Cooked some very German-style sauerkraut with sausage, apples, raisins, onions, garlic, and really hot mustard. Grinding coffee beans with whole cloves I stole from the soup kitchen. Been eating very well lately.

Getting cold. Really, really a good thing because stepping out of either the work or school kitchen feels really damn good. Low forties at night, and the wind is absolutely tempestual downtown. I love being able to wear warm weather stuff--back home I was lucky if I could go outside at 2 A.M. and want to wear a scarf and hat in December.






































~close your eyes and I'll kiss you 'cause
with the birds I'll share

No comments: