Friday, October 28, 2005

Bored. 25 minutes before work and nothing to do. Wasted as much time at starbucks as possible. The reason I've got so much free time? Purchasing agent certification test at 1:30 took me about 20 minutes.

This weekend should be nice though. I'm closing tonight, but like last night, I'm working with one of the new guys so I don't have to go it alone anymore. Tomorrow I get off early, and there might be some interesting nightlife. Might go to the southside tonight, since the Beehive, my new favorite hangout, is open til 2, and to be honest, I want to make some new friends who have some interests/perspectives in common with mine own. This weekend, Prana is having its halloween party with something like 35 bands. Promises to be much better than Hiphop night. Also, Ariadne auf Naxos is playing at the Benedum and I want to see it.

Me, John, Jenn, and Jess, my hopefully future roommates, are making progress on obtaining our new pad. According to the financial aid department, they only pay rent directly to a few places/organizations, but if we want to use our loans to pay for our place, we can get refund checks for our dorm rent (and probably the meal plan, because it sucks and I'm probably going to quit eating at the school). The thing is, the woman who spoke to use from the school was being kind of an asshole, so we're not really sure if they'll pay for it or not. Either way, we know we can get it done, whether we use our loans directly or indirectly (refund checks or through PCI). If we don't get refund checks in time, I make enough money to pay rent for awhile. I went to the place we're looking at the other night. It's not in a bad neighborhood, it's near lots of bus stops and it's by a grocery store. And it's big. And if we get it, I'm calling it the Food Shack because we're all cooks.

No comments: