Thursday, October 06, 2005

today is the last day of warmth

Tasty Chinese food day, though I didn't manage to get any pictures taken. Lots of dramatic wok-flipping and super hardcore won ton rolling though. Incredibly inept kid at my table took an hour and a half to cut up mirepoix for stock (the simplest task we could think to give him), and once he actually had it on the stove, he simmered it while everyone was cleaning the kitchen and then poured it through a strainer right into the sink. This is a guy I started out making a genuine attempt to work with, as I do with everyone--but we can't help but hate the asshole now. He's not gonna cut it in meats and seafood.

My day off was really nice yesterday. I went to Kaufmann's with Ashley with some coupons and bought some of the 80% off stuff. I got a black pinstriped Brandini blazer and a really nice sweater for twenty bucks. I will be needing it soon.

~Alderaan's not far away
it's Californication

No comments: