Sunday, June 22, 2003

Well. *claps dust off hands* What fun. I've just put two new experiments in the fridge- my own jar of pickled ginger root, and a jar of candied ginger root. I do hope they turn out allright. I really need to get some sake and rice wine vinegar. Some mirin couldn't hurt either.

And so, yes. I'm still on a high of culinary interest from the stuff I did today with Larkin. I had her over for the day, and, once we had shopped for some ingredients not usually found at my house, such as ginger and one orange, we commensed the brewing of a miso soup so good, it rivaled that of the Iron Chefs. A kickass day. I'd say it's one of the more memorable days of my life. I say that a lot. I probably won't be able to remember them, due to the sheer quantity of them. I'm very, very happy. Larkin and I feel so close to each other that it seems like, as she put it, a "beautiful mistake" that we met.

Glee! I'm going to go see if there's any more weird stuff I can do with ginger.

No comments: