Thursday, June 05, 2003

Quote from KleinForums -

"why the heck would u want religion to NOT exist??? what keeps u living every day... knowing that this life has NO point?! i don't get it! religion, especially the right one (CHRISTIANITY), offers hope where there is none... without this hope... life (for lack of a better word) SUCKS! why would u WILLINGLY subject yourself to that??? some guy who was TOTALLY innocent was willing to die on the cross so that all HORRIBLE sinners could go to Heaven rather than face the eternal wrath of Hell if ONLY they would trust in Him... people just hurt themselves... God gave all people free will, but it comes with RESPONSIBILITY!!! use some common sense and take the F*** Relgion off... everyone NEEDS religion, especially someone blaspheming God... i'd get to doing some serious repenting if i were u!!! "

I need to melt the polar ice caps. Right fucking now.

And then I need to fly to the moon in my giant rocketship and live happily ever after, without any highschoolers trying to tell me they know the meaning of life. All this arrogance is making me sick to my stomach. Why does 90 percent of the world have to believe in some invisible father figure? Are they too stupid to figure out existence for themselves? Are they really that pathetic to live without some guidance, the false sense of security in an afterlife that is, in essence, religion? It pisses me off! In the thousands of years of our existence, you'd think we would've evolved beyond this "mystical man in the sky" concept. We really are just brainy apes. Somehow, the whole lot of humanity is still just a bunch of monkeys worshipping what they don't care to understand.

And yet, the atheists piss me off too. There are so many agnostics that are on some great crusade against religion, like they'll actually do something. Places like KleinForums are just big cockfight arenas. Most people that argue against religion don't even research it at all in the first place, and end up making false claims and poking fun at things that never happened. Although, I'll agree with them, at least partially, by declaring the need for the brilliant mind who wrote that paragraph at the top to be set on fire. Set on fire and thrown in a bathtub of gasoline.

Anyhow, summer is finally here. That wonderful sophomore year I had is in the recent past. All those great memories pelting my conscience like hailstones as I sit in solitude, listening contently to the raindrops pattering my roof. It's over. So many experiences I'll never forget, evenings that will continue to touch me until the day of my death. And really, the best is yet to come. It's hard for me to believe I'll actually be a junior in high school next year. Seems to me yesterday that I left elementary school, still a goofy class clown, never putting any effort towards actual work.

I actually walked back to the elementary school a few weeks ago, on one of my usual nighttime walks around the neighborhood. Looking around the kindergarten playground (there's a playground at the front entrance to the school, and in the back), and at the long sidewalk, sloping down slightly at the end onto the little dirt hill, I felt dizzy. I had to sit down. I could sort of see myself playing soccer (whatever the hell happened to recess?) with all my old friends, who have faded away from me now. It was an odd feeling. I think maybe I just had too much cactus wine. But still, I guess my mind was just bombarding itself with images of walking home along that same sidewalk for five years. I don't know.

I guess my point is, summer is the messenger of nostalgia. It's a time for us to relax and think of all the shit we've done, act like old men and recall wonderful experiences, or sit around with friends and talk about the "good old days". Only 15 years of existence, and yet, I've got so many great memories that I can replay in my mind. My life is going well.

On a less sentimental note, today's kinda boring. Just sitting around, listening to music, remembering the great evening Larkin and I had last night. She's at summer school right now, which is the only reason I'm even at home to write all this. Seven hours a day on weekdays! Seven to seven! It's torture! I bought the poor girl a cup of coffee yesterday so she wouldn't pass out and kill us while driving. It takes a lot out of her, and I know how it is, having attended the hellhole that is summer school last year. Sitting in the same seat for seven hours nearly rent the sanity from my soul, so I can only imagine how terrible 12 hours of HLA must be.

No comments: