Monday, June 16, 2003

A good day. A good Sunday indeed. Larkin and I retreated to the mall today, shopping for clothes (Left-Handed Monkey was closed, the bastards) and birthday presents. I think Larkin is my best friend. I can do anything with her! Shit, I can shop for clothes with her and still have fun! Got me a snazzy new pair of sunglasses too for driving, as I will be learning soon to acquire my driver's license. Glee.

Following our romp around the mall, the two of us ran over to Sweet Tomatoes, this nice little salad bar place, for dinner. I really enjoyed it. It reminded me faintly of a Luby's Cafeteria- though don't get me wrong. The chief difference in both those restaurants is that one sucks ass, and the other kicks it. I had much fun mixing together all the sodas at the fountain and eating all their interesting bread. Mmm. Foccacia.

Once filled with salad, my blue-haired companion and I drove back to the Dennis household, now absent of her wrathful father, which makes me quite glad. The looney drove me home the other night, coming home suspecting some great atrocity to his household! Just because we were in the dark! I mean, the power was out! I'm not fond of the old Pillsbury doughboy-like man. Nice as he is to me, I know all too well of his underlying hatred for Larkin and all she finds holy. Oh well. I suppose I'm still on good relations with him, good as I am at being mature with adults. He's gone now, so it's a subject I need not touch. At least Larkin's mom is awesome. Now we're once again free to stretch our time together until midnight all the time, hang out with each other and improve one another's mood. And I'm in a great mood.

Hell, we've been going our for three months. Three months and two days. I know that doesn't sound like a terribly long time, especially to people who are in relationships of years and years, but I find it really quite extraordinary. Not only because I've never really been in such a wonderful, emotionally involved lasting relationship like this, but because we spend almost every waking moment possible together! I feel as though Larkin and I have been seeing each other for, well, more like eight or nine months. More. I feel so close to her after this relatively short lifetime of togetherness, I place all my trust in her, can tell her all my secrets. It's, like, cool, and stuff.

Todd wrote a story.

So did Larkin. Everyone's going all literati on my ass, so maybe I should stop learning to play the guitar long enough to relieve my hands of metal string-induced pain, and write a short story of my own. I mean, I get good feedback on my poetry, so I suppose I should do something else. What else have I got to do while waiting for Larkin to come home from HLA? Like a Jack Russel fucking terrier, right Todd?

I kinda need an idea, though. Being quite deficient at thinking up decent plots, I could use some inspiration. I don't care. It could be romance, or it could be the next Jackie Chan script. Meh. I'm bored.

Wait a minute, it's 1:30. Goodnight!

No comments: