Sunday, March 23, 2003

What a weekend. Ever see that movie Groundhog Day? Where that guy is stuck reliving the same day, in an infinite loop? I long to be in his situation. Not a day passed this weekend where I didn't do something with Larkin. I am, as of now, completely satisfied with my life. Larkin makes me complete. Maybe it's silly, since we've only been together a few weeks, but I feel very close to her. She seems to be everything I've ever wanted and looked for in a girl. In a companion. Hell, in just a friend. She's absolutely brilliant, and possesses a morbid, sarcastic, cynical, evil sense of humor as I do. As if that weren't enough, she's quite attractive. It's such a relief to find someone who shares my opinions and perspectives on things, and someone who appreciates me for who I am! This girl is so precious to me.

Friday, I had her over here. I couldn't stand only seeing her in the mornings and after school! We tried the whole bike ride thing, and once Larkin got used to the idea, it worked out pretty well. Until the back tire on the mountain bike I lent her went flat. In the middle of my bike trail. We ended up walking most of the way home, and then, if that weren't unfortunate enough, the tire then shredded itself in the spokes and wrapped around the rim of the wheel, locking it into place. I'm just glad we were almost home when I had to start carrying the damned thing on my shoulder. Why can't my mother keep good care of her toys? I do! Oh well... That was fun while it lasted. We finished the evening by eating the meal my father so considerately prepared for us, and playing old SNES games. I've found someone who appreciates the 7UP Nintendo game! Amazing.

Saturday, we went to this show put on at a little art studio near downtown. When she asked me, I thought to myself, "Why the hell not? I get to see Larkin, and the ticket sales go towards the GSA." I had nothing better to do anyway. The show, called Normal, was sort of a monologue in which this guy played ten different "abnormal" characters (ex. rich soccer mom from hell, enlightened Christian priest, nostalgic old man at a Luby's Cafeteria). It was great. Absolutely wonderful, and I never would've thought it from a little crummy place like that. I think I can learn a lot from Larkin. She brings me to such culture!

Today, we didn't have much time, but as next weekend holds for me the choir's trip to New York, we were forced to savor the few hours we had. We just went for a walk in Meyer Park, which I never do, although it was actually a lot of fun. To be with Larkin, I don't actually have to be doing anything to fill some empty silence; we actually talk. It's really refreshing to be in a relationship that's not completely physical. I'm really happy right now.

No comments: