Sunday, March 09, 2003

I post now from Rob's house, immersed in my blissful state of joy, with the ambience of The Beatles playing from my speakers.

Friday, I went to the KHS Anime Club's LAN party get-together, though I really did nothing with my computer. I learned the basics of Dance Dance Revolution, one of those arcade-style games that actually requires some physical effort. I suck pretty badly at it, due to my lack of coordination, but I suppose it's something that takes practice. Aside from the game and watching Ari be the crazy woman she is, I hung out with Larkin most of the time, as she decided to make an appearance. The later part of the night consisted of us all watching The Ring. I believe that was the fourth time I've seen it, but it's really a great horror movie still. As long as you've got someone to cuddle with and you manage to shut the commentary squad up, I can watch that movie over and over. Larkin actually makes funny comments too! A rare talent.

Moving to today (or technically, yesterday, as I update this after midnight). Once I got past my mid-life crisis-stricken mother's rambling about the state of our house, I finally caught a ride over to Rob's, and arrived at about the same time as Larkin. Overall, today was the most fun I've had in several months. The first couple to arrive gets to sit on the bed, so while we waited for Julia to finish chores, we watched one of my all-time favorite movies, American Beauty. Such a great movie, and with such cinematography... The color throughout the whole film is incredible; the roses, the rooms, the blood. And I've never had the chance to watch it with someone special... Always alone, or with my parents, and that's no fun at all. And Larkin is very special to me. She revives a dead part of me, or perhaps, she simply brings to life several parts of me at once. An intellectually stimulating and equally attractive person, which is very rare today, it seems. Oh, companionship is bliss.

No comments: