Monday, March 03, 2003

Ob La Di, Ob La Da...

...Life goes on. A normal Monday, save the fact that I woke up on time and had a pretty good day. I had the pleasure of meeting Larkin this morning, a friend of Julia and, when it comes to writing, my personal hero. If you've ever been to her blog, you may have noticed that she writes really well. I aspire to write as fluently as her someday... I can spill my thoughts onto this little fragment of the internet, but she really makes it interesting. And funny. In any case, she seems like a smart girl.

Skipping school today, since nothing ever really happens during those seven hours of material absorption, we had a choir rehearsal after school at six. I always like singing in the evening. My voice has a sort of nasal and forward tone to it, and I truly sound best at the end of the day, when I'm warmed up and a little worn out, to the point where I sound almost scratchy. I think it's also very convenient to be able to hear myself; tonight I didn't have to sit directly in front of some of the loudest tenors in the choir. Propped in front of me, however, was Nick Rocks, something of a choral veteran in our midst. I recall him being amazing in junior high choir, and he's still got an incredible voice. In all actuality, it can be a little too incredible. It's not that his voice sounds bad, it's just too damn good among the other tenors. The next Luciano Pavarotti next to Alex Pankonien... I rest my case.

Don't you just love the online quizzes? I think the "what's my fault" quiz was right on the mark. It represents my attitude in PE every day towards the people I hang out with. The idiots just talk about terrible console games all the time, and really don't know when to just shut the hell up. It's like, what I would be like if I was unspeakably enthusiastic about everything and had about half the brain I do now. And played console games. But that goes right back to enthusiasm substituting intelligence. It happens a lot, especially with Rob's little brother.

"There are three types of people in this world: optimists, pessimists, and arsonists."
-Me

No comments: