Sunday, June 19, 2005

space may be the final frontier but it's made in a hollywood basement

I have to do another anniversary dinner for my two neighbors this Tuesday. So I'm going to jot down my menu here so I won't forget it.

The appetizer will most likely be a smoked salmon served on crackers with cream cheese and possibly candied jalapenos, or something simpler. I might instead make a mousse but probably not.

The main course:

Roasted rack of lamb
Grilled peaches or nectarines with blackberries/blueberries
Summer squash, onions, tomatoes, basil/oregano/garlic in red wine (ratatouille)

The dessert will probably be a chocolate layer cake accompanied by a chocolate frosting (or soft fudge) made with raspberry sauce.

In other news, I'm out of here in two weeks. I found a full set of brand new luggage at an estate sale the other day for ten bucks, saving me quite a lot of money. I also bought a very vintage tweed jacket (suede elbow patches and everything) and Plato's Republic. I love rooting through old junk. I bought a skateboard at another sale and I'm trying to learn to ride it to make up for all those years I played Everquest instead. I've gotten okay at balance but I really haven't had much time to play with it. My two employers have thrown a bunch of work at me recently and I've got a lawn or two to mow, not to mention this dinner I'm doing Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the dinner though. I love to cook. And especially with the Wusthof cutlery I've got now--everything slices like warm butter.

I'm longing for the city. At this point it's not because of anything except the damn weather around here. I come home from work literally drenched in sweat. Which is actually supposed to be kind of good for you. I guess I'm ridding myself of toxins or something.

No comments: