Thursday, June 30, 2005

rar!

So tired. Woke up at 2ish because someone was downstairs grinding coffee. The coffee grinding makes one wake up. It's just one of those sounds that tells you to get your ass moving, get coffee, and get out the door. I'll be doing that myself soon--I tried out my new coffee equipment today, Melita pot and new grinder included. I even got a new teapot. The grinder is so powerful that I accidentally made the strongest goddamn pot of coffee at Kathy's place ever made in the history of humankind. I turned the Sumatra beans I bought at Starbucks the other day into powder which was only about half filtered out when I brewed it. So cool.

Today I cooked a bunch of stuff for those guys too. Pasta with alfredo sauce, shrimp and wild atlantic salmon and whatnot. It turned out allright. I was surprised I didn't go crazy trying to wrestle the huge aluminum pan I brought over on an electric stove. It was really terribly easy. I'm used to having a bunch of other junk on the back burners when I cook for people. Would've been a lot easier still had I slept more than 3 hours last night. Ugh.

Did some neat stuff today though in last-few-days preperation. Got a teapot that doesn't goddamn whistle at you or give you second degree burns, got a can opener, got my hair trimmed. I even bought new shoes to replace the Reebok tennis shoes I got when I first started doorhanging. Those shoes now look like flip flops and mowing lawns with them has turned my socks green. They are in dire need of retirement and so today I bought the most urban thing I saw at the shoe place: a pair of black suede Vans with white laces. I feel like such a skater kid. Besides that, I figured I'd be getting the style of black Converse without the ghetto durability. I swear to god those things are just like faux suede rags with flat soles. I'm taking my new shoes and the combat boots with me.

It is really weird seeing people for the last time until probably Christmas. Seeing Allison tomorrow, then Julia and probably Todd Saturday evening at that Laff Spot comedy club by Willowbrook. Julia won tickets (twenty of them) so I'm going to try and pass for 18 and go with. Now that I actually have a state ID maybe I can just flash it and be fine or something. Either way it'll be nice to get out one last time right before I go. I guess I'll just go chill at the mall if they kick me out.

Evanescence songs all sound so damn similar. It's like listening to a Greenday album. Well, not that bad. Evanescence can write songs in different keys and play in more than the one three and five chords. For some reason though I just love listening to them because Amy Lee's voice is fucking incredible. Actually, I think the guitarist, or whoever does the backup rapping deal in Bring Me to Life should have more of a role in their vocals. He's good and adds diversity to that song (I listened to a remix without his lines and it was borrrring).

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

No comments: