Wednesday, June 29, 2005

sing for the left and sing for the tear

Sorry for no updates. I'm usually pretty attached to my journal and I should really be writing before I leave because I dunno when I'll update again once I get to Pittsburgh. I'm having my computer shipped to me after all (though I bought a 17 inch LCD monitor to replace the CRT, freakin sweet).

I'm leaving for that Sunday, the whole college thing. Trying to enjoy all the company I possibly can while essentially cleaning out my desk. Well, actually, I disassembled my desk/bed with a big drill and my mom sold it on eBay, so right now I'm using some little card table. My parents being on the move to Austin most likely after I leave, I've got to pack for a new life and clean this place out entirely. I've even got my own coffee pot to take with me. I got a punkvoter "Not My President" shirt that I can actually wear soon without being lynched or something. A pot, a wooden spoon. I really don't think I need much more and I'll figure the rest out once I'm there.

I arrive on the third, which gives me a day to look around the city, and then on the fifth there's orientation. After that the school is hosting sort of a dinner cruise/dance/socialization thing on the three rivers, so I'll really get to see the whole city from the Three Rivers. Maybe I'll meet some cute girl who's doing pastry or something. Or at least some cute girl who believes the GSA has no place in our school but a zillion religious clubs do. Meeting people will be nice though. I've exchanged an email or two with one of my roommates, and I imagine probably the guy who I'll be rooming with (as there are six people to a suite but it's kind of a three-bedroom apartment). He seems neat, says he likes jazz. I swear to god though I'm just looking forward to wandering around the immediate area on the fourth. I'm going to evolve into some kind of urban creature like a goddamn pocket monster.

I went rollerblading today with Allison. It was scary. I think being super tall you have to spend all your time dodging tiny people. Also it was disturbing to see junior high girls wearing hotpants and dancing on the rink to fitty cent. wtf. Ended up going to Starbucks after that, which was better. Hangin with Nicole tomorrow because I saw her there.

More later!

No comments: