Monday, February 14, 2005

Ugh. Crappy day from the beginning. I woke up too late this morning, and had no time at all to make coffee or eat breakfast when I got out of the shower. My solution to this problem was to microwave the coffee from yesterday morning (something that should only happen in the areas of hell closest to Satan) and put some biscuits and this little kolache thing I baked the other day into a paper bag for later. The biscuits + kolache thing was a good idea, because it tasted like food. The coffee was a shitty idea, because it tasted like shit. Anyway, with my makeshift morning routine slapped into my Skinny Puppy bag, I rushed out the door to get to the second bus stop (if I miss the first one, the bus comes back onto my street via an intersecting street about ten minutes afterwards), and of course, when I got there, I realized that I'd left my shitcoffee back at home. I threw my stuff onto somebody's lawn and performed a feat of true athletic prowess by sprinting all the way back to my kitchen table. I really only chase after romantic endeavors and java (as both are my chief weaknesses), and one was incredibly more important than the other at that moment--I ran fucking fast. I was panting when I walked out the door with my mug and had really planned to just walk back, but Sterling shouted at me from the stop that the bus was just about there. I don't know where it came from, but I found the energy to run back there without spilling a drop of my day-old muddy Kauai.

So, yeah. I feel like shit today, due in part to the sprinting without any stretching at all, my voice being hoarse, my stomach being upset, and the fact that I had to work afterwards (though Emily really cheered me up with some kind of new-fangled white-strawberry chocolate). Passing out flyers today was an unreal experience. I couldn't really keep my eyes open very well and kind of lost my sense of alertness completely. People would be like, "Here, I'll take that" and I'd just walk past the bastards and put my stupid realty advertisement on their door anyway. I didn't bother with the hat or ponytail or anything, just threw on the Pachuca futbol jersey and shuffled away.

I even considered the vague possibility of actually participating in this holiday today, since there is a florist right across the street from Klein, but the lack of rest proved that impossible (not to mention I don't really know who I'd give flowers to), and I daresay I do not look very romantically inclined today anyway. I don't know--single people make this big deal about Valentine's Day and are all like, "OMG TEH SADNESS NO LOVE FOR MEEE". I'm not really sure if that's how I feel or not. I think I'm just kind of apathetic, but I also don't like to overdramatize things like that. You're not going to asphyxiate without receiving a gigantic talking bear and a heart-shaped cake from somebody (though nobody would be unhappy to have such a thing happen to them), so get over it. Besides, I'd rather complain about work, or something, because bitching about being single is just a horrible way to hide the fact that you want attention.

~I saw a turtle bumblebee today
she stung me slowly

No comments: