Sunday, February 13, 2005

The government hasn't sent me my damn FAFSA pin# yet. Stupid government. I need to apply for financial aid, loans and federal aid and shit, and I need a number. I want to go to Pittsburgh and live there and be a Yankee bastard. I'm going to beat the shit out of them when I get to Washington.

Been feeling sick, but I think I'm better now. My voice has been about an octave too low and sounds like I've been smoking a lot of menthol for awhile now (it's kind of cool). Weird sickness though. Just throat congestion, no weakness or fever or anything. Worked out like fucking crazy yesterday. Everything hurts, and I couldn't get out of bed today because I did 30 pound incline situps yesterday. 20 of them in a row (yeah, I'm a badass). I'll be like Carl from Love, Actually in no time if my dad quits deglazing our iron skillets with quarter-sticks of butter.

I revamped the general sound of my old lounge track--bloop--tonight. The original had painfully overwhelming bass, a fact I realized when I actually played it in a car stereo. Unfortunately, I've lost the original Fruityloops project, but I was able to tone down the bass by converting my existing version to .wav, importing it into a new project, and applying a parametric EQ and a clipper to it. Sounds a lot better, some of the instruments have more clarity, and my droplet instrument doesn't scratch when it hits high notes anymore. I only wish I had the original so I could make remixes (can anybody say FM distortion, or DJ Johann vs. DaRude?). I'm such a geek.

Poetry club this Wednesday. Anybody have any suggestions of what I should bake?

I think I'm going to go walk in the rain.

~G, R, double-E N
leaves.

No comments: