Sunday, February 06, 2005

It's a day spa, you fuck

Last night I had a dinner party at my place with Nicole, Abbie, Emily, Kathy, and Rob. I think it was probably the third social gathering I've ever held at my house and easily the best. Every aspect of my meal was perfect; I pan-fried venison backstrap that I pounded out, created a new dish of my own like unto my old garlic mashed potatoes (but made more interesting with poblano peppers), made simple asparagus with lemon butter, and baked my buttermilk apple pie. I made a sort of really flavorful ciabatta bread. My stove was sputtering flaming bubbles of grease while I dashed around with my tongs and shallot/basil oil. I had Dzihan and Kamien playing. I made pumpkin spiced coffee. The company was great, as was the oppurtunity to cook for a bunch of people.

No comments: