Thursday, February 09, 2006

Job interview went well today. I scored a stage at the restaurant next Thursday--a event which involves me shadowing some cooks on the line, helping out at various stations and getting a feel for the kitchen. If they think I'm cool after I do a little work in that time, I'll get a job offer. Next Thursday will decide if I start rocking some haute cuisine or keep deck-brushing the vinyl floor with Tide every night. It'll also tell me where to get an apartment. I've been thinking of getting one in that area anyway. A friend of mine told me tonight to check out the South Side, but I don't think it's for me, especially if I get this job. I'd rather live close to the universities, and I like going to East Carson occasionally, but it's really just a big long strip of bars and nightclubs--not something I'd like to live up the hill from. In any case I can't wait to get the hell out of this dorm. I don't care if paying rent drives me mad as long as I've got my own little space and no communal bathroom.

No comments: