Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Amazing Kids Way!


Well, I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. I ended up having plans after all; I clocked out of work around 7:30 and had coffee with someone fun in Oakland. Ended up wandering around that area until the wee hours of the morning with said someone, and had to make a mad dash, low on blood by one pint and wearing combat boots, for a retreating bus home. It was a good time.

Tonight's the normal shift--four to close--but I'm ready. Totally stoked. My only real day off this week is Sunday, since tomorrow night I'm at Soba in Shadyside to do my stage in their kitchen. I am so excited about this oppurtunity. My first experience in a fine dining restaurant, man. And if I get the job, I'll finally be able to start looking for an apartment.

There's a waitress at work who's about six inches taller than me. It's awesome. I'll be behind the line and it's like, "Hey, can you reach up there and get the Kosher salt for me?"

Soon it will be time for muffinbaking. Soon. I have the pans, the ingredients, and the mindset, and all I need is time.

I still have parsnips, turnips, and carrots. I now also have enough stuff to make hoppin' john (red beans and rice) for several Mondays, unless my celery and bell peppers go bad. It was all so cheap though. The marketplace in the Strip is an incredible place for food--amazingly fresh produce at restaurant prices, but catered to individuals. Don't want a whole case of red peppers? You can buy a single one, wrapped in plastic and priced at forty-something cents. I swear, my refridgerator does not look like it belongs in a college guy's dorm.

Sometimes all I can do when writing journal-style is list my thoughts in single sentences.

No comments: