Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I am consuming a 23.5 ounce can of Arizona green tea

That's the last one. I have no more choir auditions to worry about ever again. No more music to spend all that time learning.

Well, all that time in after school rehearsals anyway. I never practiced at home; Sterling still has my practice CD. I suppose I can be pretty proud to say that I made region nine mixed choir three years in a row without practicing at home once. Look at that, I've grown an ego.

Anyway, I got twelfth at the audition last night, so I didn't make it. For those of you not familiar with the TMEA audition process, to get to the pre-area auditions you have to make it past the district auditions, then the region auditions, and after the region choir weekend, you have to get within the top five at pre-area auditions. If you pull that shit off, you go to Austin for area auditions, and if you get top eighth or something, you make allstate choir. Pre-area was kind of cruel to me. It was the first audition I was actually really quite nervous about in awhile, and I just really wasn't with it. I screwed up a lot of rhythm, and tragically, I couldn't sing any of the really low notes. I must've been having a bad day. Some of the judges gave me 200 out of 300 points on my songs, one gave me 100. "You don't have the low C" all underlined is kind of a blow to a guy like me. Let me tell you, O judge panel of great gluttony--I have it--I have a fucking bag full of them that I will throw through your window late at night.

Sightreading is the other part of the pre-area audition. You know, they give you a little staff with some notes on it and you've got to sing the right pitches and rhythms, no matter what you do it on. I guess you could sing it in quacks or barks as long as it was in tune. To be honest, I thought I did awfully after coming out of it--I really don't think I'm good at setting my own tempo and sort of conducting myself, and besides that I never practiced the stuff--but I got about 59 out of 60 points on it, so I can at least say that I aced half of the thing.

Aside from music, my grades aren't really all that good, which is nothing new for the four years I've been going to KHS. I'm really kind of sick of school but I get along well this year because of people. Punching all the doors open also helps to relieve stress.

Kieron and the Gillespies are coming back to town, I don't know if I've already mentioned this. Come to think of it, they're probably already here and looking for a house. All I know is that they're going to live in the Houston area again. Don't worry, I won't take up EverQuest again but to be honest I'd love to have a nicer computer to play Half-Life 2 and the like with.

I guess I was tired enough to ramble like I used to with my blog entries; I really need to get back into doing that as it's very satisfying.

~turn up the bass, captain

No comments: