Friday, December 31, 2004

Today I made a pound cake. It was a pain in the ass. About 3/4ths of it is this awesome looking marbly pound cake, but the rest is all fucked up because it didn't get completely cooked. It's like, the simplest thing ever to make; I think my transition from layered chocolate cake or roast turkey to a recipe with only four ingredients just made my brain burn out, or something. I'll post a picture of a slice later.

Tomorrow (or today, I ought to say) is New Years' Eve! And thank God, I'm spending it with some friends rather than alone at home or with people I barely know. For those of you that I didn't complain to about, I was going to be dragged to Victoria to Schroder Hall--it's some Texan dance hall where a bunch of old people are going to be entertained by a group called "Billy Mata and the Texas Tradition". No fucking thank you. My mom told me I didn't know what I was missing. I'm pretty sure I do. I wish I didn't. In any case, Brio with Emily and Scott and other miscellaneous people, then the mall. It ought to be a blast. I don't really have any champagne here though and I don't know if te group is going to be hanging out until midnight.

I know I'm freaking horribly lazy and all, having only applied to one school (Pennsylvania Culinary Institute in Pittsburgh), but if I went to the one I got accepted to right now I think I'd be happy. I've been researching Pittsburgh and what there is to do in the area, and it seems like a nice place for a guy like me to live. Supposedly it used to be a smokestacked industrial hellhole but it's a really neat and cultural place now. I've seen a lot of pictures online; it's so scenic. There are SO many bridges. There are also lots of non-franchised little coffeehouses near the place I'd be going to. Sweet. I think I'm going to get a really nice full-length wool and cashmere coat to take with me if I go up North since a Hot Topic canvas trench and some sweaters isn't going to cut it in the wintertime. In any case, I need to get to work on my essay for the CIA's pie contest (I guess I'm going to apply even though they want kitchen work experience), and also apply to the Art Institute of Philadelphia. It actually requires an essay, which might provoke thinking. Gasp.

I need New Year's Resolutions. Here goes.

1. Get out of this state.
2. Meet a really, really good-looking girl. Or two or three.
3. Get bench up to at least 200.

That's all I can think of. I think they're really supposed to be things you change about your personality or character, but, well, I'm untraditional, so fuck it.

~you're so untouchable; it's devastatingly sexy

No comments: