Thursday, August 28, 2003

I certainly have been neglecting this thing. Which is bad. Because it symbolizes two things: both the fact that I don't have any time anymore, and that, well, I'm neglecting this thing. And this thing is really fucking cool.

So, following are a bunch of updates I've scribbled into my little notebook over the past two or three days. This one's from Tuesday:

Tired today. But not depressed. Just a tiredness, didn't get enough sleep, that sort of thing. Working on my poem for English in Algebra now.

(doodle of a sleepy-eyed, ponytailed stick figure with glasses and messenger bag)

Got an 81 on the test. Flaming FRAULEINS, Mrs.Jenkins is loud. She'll start out talking about due dates, or test grades, or something, and lead up to her main point with this very agitating crescendo of beefwoman* screeching. RAR. But of course, x=duck. And x squared is a lot of ducks. Or a duck in a box. A square box. JABUS I'm tired. It's hot in here. So hot I'm sweating Bastards! Stop talking, you MEDDLING MATHEMATICAL MERETRIX! I want to write my POEM.

And from yesterday, being less delirious since I got eight hours of sleep:

Beautiful day. Especially as far as school days go. I finally got to bed on time last night, so my composure today is far above wraith status. Ich bin sehr munter. Ich bin auch glücklich und zufrieden. What a silly sentence that is in German. But it does, after all, get the point across.

Pictures were today, in English; bullshit in history; lab in physics. All worthwhile, considering that Larkin was in my lunch period today. Ah, how she gets me through the day! So nice to have mein schatz to suffer through all of this with. Labor day weekend soon. We'll go to the zoo and eat sushi and have a gay olde time. Because I already need a holiday. School has been dragging me down the past couple days.

But I recover, slowly. I don't really have anything to be sad about, now that I think about it. Sure, I've got homework and chores to do. Big fucking deal. I'm loved by a brilliant young maiden, and I can sing. Which reminds me, I need to learn the chamber song.

So we're in German now. Doing this whole German thing. This and my next period are the nicest of the day. Nice. Nett. Ist nett. Das is nett. Deutsch und choir ist nett. I've also got region rehearsal today, which I am looking forward to. I want to speed this year up and make region faster. I know I can. And will. And I'll make chamber too.

(and then, with little music notes etched around everything)

Lullaby of Birdland, that's what I always hear... when you sigh

Never in my wordland, could I reveal... in a phrase how I feel!
----
...He marched with spear in hand!

Go blow that ramhorn, Joshua cried!

Cause the battle am in my hand!

So yeah, I write a lot of shit in that little notebook. Today was an allright day as well. Not quite beautiful as the other one, as I often say, since Larkin was gone for a Rice interview, and encountered some family problems, but classes were allright. Tolerable, besides the useless garbage we're forced to swallow in history, physics, and algebra. I'm in a decent mood. Making techno music with Dance eJay 5. It's fucking AWESOME. I'll post my latest song up on my 50megs site for download later.

I must repaint my nails black. It's really grown on me, and now, looking at my nails after nail polish remover is applied, I'm quite bored with my hands. Alas, I'm never satisfied. Cracking the bones in them, accumulating bone spurs over time, and staring at old scars, attempting to remember how they came into existence just isn't enough for me anymore. Now I need nail polish. We're all so sickeningly... human.

And speaking of being human, this guy in choir was somehow freaked out at the idea of me being a Satanist. I think I'll start wearing black robes and upside-down crosses around him. Muahhahaaha...

No comments: