Thursday, August 14, 2003

Glorious day! Today consisted of the first step in Friday's party preparation, and a nice shopping trip. First, we ran off to Kohls to use some soon-to-expire gift certificates. Turns out we had about $70 worth of them, so Larkin generously bought me two nice pairs of pants that were on sale, and a new outfit for herself. Nice. Next, at the dollar store, we stocked up on glowsticks, and I purchased myself an "imported" TOPO CHICO carbonated strawberry beverage for, well, you guessed it- a dollar. Sort of a bitch to open though, me not having a bottle opener.

Despite harsh lectures from my mother on money-saving and how all shampoos are the same, I finally managed to swindle the amount of money usually spent on hair care products in our grocery shopping away, so the CVS/pharmacy was our next stop. Meh. I just want to take decent care of my hair, because it's like, fucking cool, and stuff. It's all long, and sort of blue still, and I mustn't let all the dye turn it to crackly wire. It would be quite a shame. So I bought some decent herbal shampoo and conditioner, and some hair gel so it won't flap around in the wind and get blue dye in my pupils anymore. Glee!

AZN MARKET! My favorite store. I was low on spendable cash by this point in time, so I was unable to buy the cooked, salted duck eggs, but I purchased several packages of snack food, such as: squid chips (positively delectable), rice candy (the wrapper is edible!), some ginger candy (spiiicy, and it's supposed to dissolve to make tea, but that's not a good idea), and some Japanese bubblegum. All for, like, three bucks! Great place. Next time, I'm getting those god damned duck eggs. And some instant jellyfish. If it's good enough to mass produce...

And so, after some quick grocery shopping at a market designed for normal, fat, white people (Kroger), Larkin and I headed to her place, and she cooked me a nice red snapper dinner. God damn! I'm lucky. I date a girl who can do a kickass job of preparing a meal more complex than a grilled cheese sandwich.

Back at my place, we ate some cookies, made some techno music, exchanged back rubs, etc. etc. At 11:30 or so, Sterling strolled over to my place and rung the doorbell, waking Larkin and I up from our nap. We followed him over to his anti-zoning ordinance-style driveway to watch a small bonfire containing some worship music and Disney movies. Huzzah! Of course, the resulting miasma of magnetic tape smoke eminating from this white-hot blaze began to give Larkin an asthma attack, and it was getting late anyway, so I sent her home with her shoes and an albuterol inhaler. Hey, it makes you jittery as hell, but it beats choking in a turn lane with your lights off.

Pants and food and new shampoo!

No comments: