Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Bashing Mechanics With Freon Canisters

Ahoy! The air conditioning in Larkin's van hasn't worked for years. In Texas, it's a bit of a bitch- stuck in the middle of an intersection (or a train track) on 1960 with the windows open and no cool air blowing at you is certainly an agitating experience. Until now, the subject of repair has been undiscussed- Larkin's father, not wanting to spend money to save a few passengers from heat stroke, claims that such a surgery under the hood of the flaming van will cost a small fortune. Well, my Just For Men-treated, mustached parental friend, a word from one with regulated blood sugar- mechanics like fucking with people. Imagine yourself an employee in an air conditioning shop. A cute little teenager with cat ears, a miniskirt, and a troublesome '93 Ford Aerostar van drives into your shop, asking for an estimate. Upon inspection, you find a tiny crack in a valve and a jammed switch; an operation anyone's housecat could repair. Are you going to replace a rubber O-ring and pop out a plastic knob with a screwdriver for 30 dollars, or try to rip the poor, unaware highschooler off for 1200 smackers for a completely new system? If auto repair were an honest business, it wouldn't make enough money to exist. My dear old dad, who's been relatively involved in the practice for the majority of his LIFETIME, reckons a new valve will fix the thing for five or six hundred. I trust the gray-haired gun enthusiast to steer Larkin in the right direction with the work on that thing.

And so, yesterday was a day of sushi and that movie Dumb & Dumberer. It was actually funny as hell... Upon viewing the previews, I thought it would suck ass. Superb imitation of Jim Carrey, by whoever the hell that was.

And today, Larkin took me out to Left-Handed Monkey and I bought some nylon skater pants. I really like the clothes I'm beginning to collect. I can be whatever subculture I want to be, really. Larkin and I are going to go out on more theme dates. I must say, we looked pretty kickass in all our gothiness yesterday. We got our picture taken at the mall! I cannot wait to see them.

Waiting now for Larkin to get online, so she can come over and show me yoga trickses. Ah, what fun I'm having! This is probably the last summer I'll be both out of summer school and unemployed, and I'm enjoying it so! I wake up at 1 PM every day, go out with Larkin, get lots of exercise, go to parties. It's amazing how she's changed my life, really. I get out every day now, very contrary to my previous lifestyle, that of, well, sitting around with computer games and chatrooms to occupy me! I'm addicted to doing stuff. Especially with her.

School will kick ass this year. I'm going to have so much work, and I'll actually be stressed out with homework for once, but I don't give a shit! I welcome something to be dedicated to! I've slacked off far too long, nearly ruined my grades due to stupid laziness and lack of any initiative whatsoever! I want to be like Larkin, and get some fucking things done. I've got something to work for now. I'll be motivated for once. And I've got something to relax me on the side.

Not only all that, I'll look AWESOME, what with the style Larkin's given me. I'm actually quite addicted to clothing and dressing up...

No comments: