Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Looks like I'm home. Home not only from my vacation in Fannin, but also home from Jenn's house! Amazingly enough, I cannot recall a day in my life where I've had so much fun. I met her relatives, of course, as the nature of anniversary dinners go. Very interesting people. Did you know that Jennifer's mom organizes the spices in her pantry alphabetically? Scary. Anyway, the most fun of the events came after the dinner, where, as usual, me and Jenn just sat around watching TV. I learned two things today: I can pick Jenn up in my arms, and also, I learned of her most ticklish spot, which I will not disclose here. No Julia, it is NOT dirty, you dirty dirty dirty girl! Anyway, yeah, she's great. One month on Christmas, actually.

In other news, my excursion at our deer lease was pretty worthwhile. I walked about ten miles through the woods until I got lost and went in a big circle back to the trailer. I saw turkeys. Lots of turkeys. And deer. This time around, I didn't shoot anything though, as much as Bret will be disappointed; not enough room for meat in our freezer. We've been giving out pounds and pounds of venisin to neighbors for the past week or so, but it's still pretty crowded. Anyway, there was this tree, and it had these two-inch long barbs on it, and one of them stabbed me, and I was like, crap. There ends the epic story of my vacation.

Armageddon will only come when UPS changes its color from brown to something else. "This man with a purple truck rang my doorbell and left a box next to the door. I called the police!" And think of the economic devastation! No packages would be delivered, because those damnable men would be too busy painting their trucks! Yes, UPS will, someday, bring the downfall of society.

No comments: