Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Woo. Today was my day off, so I made those cookies on the side panel of my computer. Other than that, it has been rather uneventful. I went to Schwartz, bought ingredients, came home, baked, and then puttered around the rest of the afternoon. I am actually still puttering around. I think everyone but me was busy today.

Very strange getting used to having much less hair. It is also nice because my hats are not tight, I can see well, and people can tell that I have a face underneath all those long, dark tresses. I still can't believe I actually cut it myself though. I probably could've ended up looking really, really ugly had I botched the job.

I hope I see the person these cookies are for tomorrow on my morning routine. What is it with me and baristas? There's just something wildly hot about a woman who knows how to make a shot of espresso.

Seafood production will start Thursday. Tomorrow Chef will do some demos for us. I can only imagine the chaos--first day of production in a new class is always a mess. No one knows where anything is, we're doing things for the first time ever on new equipment, and it's not like anyone ever does their homework by reading the Goddamn recipes. I'm at a table with a good crew though.

Also, Thursday is the start of the new menu at work. I won't be working a full shift by any stretch, but the few hours will determine how our establishment prepares pasta for the rest of its existence, etc.

~...seas between us broad have roared,
Since auld lang syne.

No comments: