Saturday, January 07, 2006

rode the six hundred, cannon to right of them, cannon to left of them, falling on thunder... THE TROOPER!

Well, I managed not to say bomb or terrorist or "fuck the president" for a day, so I'm back in wintry Pittsburgh. It's good to be back in the swing of things all at once, and besides that, I love it here. Things will be tougher this semester--working on finding an externship (here in the Burgh, if at all possible), and when I do that, I have to find a place to live. I made the first payment on my loan today. Class is going to be a lot harder. I start Seafood and Charcuterie on Monday, and after that it's Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry, and then the Advanced classes where we quit boiling tournè carrots and mixing whipped potatoes and start searing foie gras and making white truffle risotto.

~they're tryin' to build a prison
for you and me

No comments: