Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Fuck you, doorhangers.

Ha! I aced my job interview today. I had all the items on the menu perfectly committed to memory, and answered all the manager's questions about sanitation the right way. Speaking of sanitation, Olive or Twist is a really clean place, which is something I put a lot of importance on; I was happy to learn that the guy I talked to as well as one of the cooks is ServSafe certified. I saw everything I learned from the sanitation textbook in place as I walked through the tiny kitchen and the storeroom in the basement--dry storage six inches off the floor, temperatures being monitored in hot and cold foods, etc. This is absolutely the best thing that could possibly happen to me in the way of employment. The restaurant is on the same block as my dorm, it's run by people who are professional and care about their customers, and I start tomorrow at 10:30, at 7.50 an hour as a line cook. I won't actually be working for the first couple days, but I'll be trained by this cook named Josh who's been at the restaurant for five years until I've got the jist of working on a line (I was really amazed that this guy hired me knowing I have no industry experience whatsoever).

No comments: