Sunday, August 07, 2005

Made two new friends yesterday, Zane and Sueann. Zane formerly worked for John Kerry's campaign (thus I instantly get along with him), Sueann and I have a lot of similar stances on th'issues, and both like my kind of music. I was amazed by Sueann's description of her highschool and how liberal it seems in comparison with Klein High. Guys can *gasp* have facial hair and until recently when they got a new superintendent or something, they didn't give a damn about oddly-colored hair. There's actually sex education and they don't preach abstinence, but rather go over different positions objectively and teach kids about contraceptives. She was shocked when I told her how conservative it was back home, and our school wasn't really one of the bad ones. I fucking love pennsylvania. This is what I left home for. People who don't believe that war is just one of those things that's always going to happen. People who believe they have a responsibility to give back to society. I no longer have to walk to the parking lot past people in giant confederate flag-ridden F350s who believe the president is actually being guided by god in some sort of sacred crusade against freedom-haters.

No comments: