Thursday, September 01, 2005

First day of work today was pretty sweet. Worked the fryer, made sweet potato fries and a bunch of chips, as well as some calamari and fried fish fillets. Also grilled some portabella mushrooms for sandwiches, cut a bunch of stuff up, fabricated twenty or so hamburger patties out of ground beef with the lid to a mayonnaise jug and a portion scale. Not rocket science. I like working at Olive or Twist; the place doesn't get incredibly busy and so my job's not too hard, the cooks I work with are cool people, the manager's a good guy, and to be honest, on our downtime we pretty much just get paid to sit around and maybe prep a few items or clean the kitchen. I worked a shift from 10:30 to 3:30 and I've got the same thing tomorrow morning, probably working on the weekend as well. Going to try and donate blood sometime in the next few days as I haven't done that in awhile.

No comments: