Tuesday, April 12, 2005

secrets, intrigue, peanut butter cookies

Nice company is truly invaluable on a lonely Tuesday night.

I can't wait to get away from everything in D.C. I know it's going to be a really chaotic trip but it's going to be such a vacation for me. I get to have continuous human contact so I don't have to be sitting at home alone, or hating my job while telling myself its better than being a grocery sacker, or wasting away in the mediocrity of highschool while reading The Mote in God's Eye.

UIL was today. I think our set was allright but the sightreading was the most horrible thing on the face of the planet. I don't think I'm being pretentious, but screw it if I am, because I sang loud so the basses wouldn't suck. I'm not a phenomenal singer--I'm no John Gallagher but while I didn't make it past Pre-Area auditions this year, I did get a 59 out of 60 on the sightreading at that event, so I know what I am doing. Mr.Raddin looked like he was having a nervous breakdown at the end of the piece, so it must've sounded even worse from his perspective. Poor guy. I think I'll be pissed if we get second division sightreading too. People ought to know what the hell they're doing after all that practice.

No comments: