Saturday, April 23, 2005

mr. merlot

I am kind of sick. I called my employer today to tell him I couldn't work due to this sickness (and also because I fucked up the tendons in the back of my left knee working too hard the other day, it feels like I've got tendonitis or some shit), so he got some other people to do the work I was supposed to do, and supposedly he was all pissed when he came over to get the box of doorhangers. I was at school, so I was not witness to this. But I think I spoke pretty clearly when I said I felt like hell. I don't get paid enough to trudge around in the sun sick and sore, and considering I've worked my ass off since day one, being honest all the while, if he all of a sudden takes me for a lying slacker, then he can find somebody else to throw his little advertisements around. In some parts of this country people would call it barbaric to get paid seven dollars an hour for the stuff I do. But I'm a just a job-by-job contractor, technically, so it's pointless to complain since I can leave anytime I want. And I don't really need that job, though having references is nice. But if he thinks I'll lie ungratefully just to take some time off then fuck him. I happen to pride myself in working hard and I don't like to be taken for a quitter.

*growl*

I had a nice evening! Despite sore throat, bronchitis, and difficulty walking, I hung out with a few friends at Starbucks and caffeinated myself to a masochistic degree. I figure it will either imbue me with superhuman healing powers, thus enabling me to get back to work sooner, or just cause me to lose sleep.

Which I need. Sleep. I don't have to work this weekend, thank god. If anyone wants to do some stuff I think I'll be around, as long as I'm not sick anymore.

No comments: