Sunday, May 09, 2004

A doggy followed me on the way home. He was all friendly and didn't bark at stupid shit or even smell awful. I think if it's still lost tomorrow I'm going to kill my dog and replace her with the nice stray.

So I'm expected to write an essay tomorrow on Catch 22, which, for analytical purposes, has no plot whatsoever. I just know, too, that the prompt will be like, "What rhetorical strategies did Joseph Heller use to convey Yossarian's relation to the feminist movement" or "What rhetorical strategies did Joseph Heller not use to convey Yossarian's relation to the feminist movement". It's going to suck, because for once I've read the book, and enjoyed it even; but I couldn't pull some bullshit symbolism out of it if I tried. The hell with it.

School is troublesome. I don't really mind it that much, but it's troublesome, and the only class I really look forward to attending anymore is choir, and we're singing some real crap in there right now.

Also, fuck, because it's 9:34 and I'm beginning to actually wake up rather than fall asleep. Actually have experienced some realistic symptoms of insomnia recently, not the stuff emo-ish people talk about to sound depressing... Can't sleep at all until I take a bunch of antihistamines despite working a lot, and occasionally space out and can't hear what anyone's saying, stuff like that. I think Larkin's right and I should take it easy for awhile.

And, I think the new blog layout kind of sucks. I liked it better when I could just click on my blog name and start writing my post without all these tacky beige tabs.

No comments: