Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Tuesday! Glorious, insert adjective Tuesday! I am looking through my beloved new pair of GLASSES, and at the grainy reflection of my computer monitor off my new TROGDOR bumper sticker. New stuff kicks ass. And what's enlightening, what infuses me with a joy greater than eating a cookie is the simple fact that I CAN SEE! My vision's resolution has multiplied! I can see the leaves in the trees! The text on the television! The fucking notes on the overhead! I could do work in school if I wanted to! (no need, I have a 94 in English and a respectable 80 in geometry)

The weekend went well. I've described Friday, and Saturday came lacking a Mormon LAN party and presenting a vast abundance of boredom. I sat around and played CS a lot. I'm posting on that kleinforums thing more often these days too, though I'll never change the fact that most of the members are retarded. Mark Anderson pwnz Christianity at least. The evening of that day became a bit more interesting when Larkin and I set off for an adventure at Meyer Park. Running around like ninjas, escaping the clutches of the evil golf cart patrolman, and eradicating Larkin's fear of being picked up. We returned to my house to "watch" Jurassic Park, a favorite movie of mine, afterwards.

Sunday held another adventure for the both of us: making cookies! Despite missing some critical ingredients, we improvised with what we found in my messy pantry (ex. almond extract, baking chocolate, half & half). Our cookies kick ass. I would go so far as to say that they pwn.

Yesterday, after receiving my new glasses from Texas State Optical, I had the profound idea to go for a walk around my neighborhood, and observe with the new lenses what has not been observed in a very long time. I thought to myself, "why go alone?" and had Larkin accompany me on my walk. Rather enjoyable was it to see sharply the leaves on the trees, the street signs, peoples' faces, etc. Seeing the houses of friends either faded away or relocated appealed to my nostalgic sense as well. Jackie Maitland, Katie Maier, David Muzal, Kevin and Paul Young, Tim Harris, Erica Moses, and even Adam Pope left me with some fond memories of my childhood. Where have you all gone?

Today's been a decent day, as it is the first school day I've had the ability to see faraway objects without mulcting Todd's glasses. Amazing. I can see my friends waving or coming at me from half a mile away. It's almost hard to get used to.

Oh, check out my website. It's almost cool.

No comments: