Monday, November 04, 2002

I'm home. And soaked. It's been raining all day today. I'm pretty sure it hasn't stopped once yet. Holiday recordings were today, and my legs are still tired from the excessive amount of standing up that's required.

Played Quake in electronics today. When will those people learn how to use a mouse? The score: 17 to -1.

I can't stand English anymore. We're in the process of reading Antigone- Greek drama that I'm really not too fond of. It's not only the fact that I don't like the play, however; it's the people that have to read the lines. Of course, we pick people to play each character scene by scene, and it amazes me how poorly some high school sophomores can read. Not only do they sound completly monotone and uninterested, and can't read half the words without the teacher's help, it's like they've never heard of the damned period. He's your friend at the end, guys- he lets you know when it's okay to breathe! To add to the lack of confidence, most people finish their sentences with a sort of questioning tone, as if all the periods were question marks. "I think, um, Cre.. Creayon (teacher: Creon.) ohh, Creon! I think Creon is mad beyond any compre... hensible level?" At least the students in drama know what they're doing. Ugh.

Chemistry is getting on my nerves too. I forget to write up this lab, and Mr.McCormick is ready to stick red hot pokers in my eyes. I swear. There are the class favorites, and then there's me.

I think I can suffer through it.

No comments: