Monday, November 11, 2002

I know, I haven't actually made any real updates recently. Please pardon my obsession with online quizzes. Then again, why else come here except to learn about me? I don't write any webcomics or anything...

In any case, the Renaissance Festival yesterday was fun. Me, Julia, and Rob. Turns out Mary couldn't come; she was feeling sick. Again. However, it went well even with the loss of our potential leader. Neither of the three of us are very commanding leaders, and wished for Mary after wandering around for awhile. Rob thinks Mary should just take NyQuil.

On to today. In the first two periods, I had the pleasure of watching movies. While this isn't that educational, and I usually complain about watching junkyard wars in a class I took to learn about electronics, I didn't really care today. I suppose I would complain about the work if it existed. Teenagers thrive off complaining. Speaking of complaints, I wrote an email to the public information officer asking why the Klein ISD doesn't offer Japanese as a language course. True, it's a complicated language, but the country with the second best economy in the world doesn't speak Latin. I got an automatic scripted response. Perhaps the administration will take me seriously and actually answer my question? Who knows.

In chemistry we're measuring the thickness of aluminum foil. In atoms. Sigh.

Men's music in choir. Help me... anyone. There is no real bass part when you're forced to sing on stage with 150 junior high students, and I'm forced to sing like a tenor. It sucks, a lot.

New seats in geometry. Who would've thought I still sit across from Claire. Although, now Mark Cates is at my table as well, who suffered third-degree burns on his arms and legs in eighth grade, for something really stupid. What was it? Kicking flaming tennis balls filled with gasoling while wearing preppy pants made out of some synthetic fabric? I can't help laughing at him. Profusely.

On a last note, I've been listening to Avril Lavigne. I've never really understood myself and my personality, but I thought I understood my musical tastes. Generally, I like instrumental jazz, classical music, and all my Japanese stuff, as well as a few American bands. In fact, I think I've always resented pop culture. Screw it, my Avril Lavigne mp3s are cool, for some strange reason.

No comments: