Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am not a morning person. Some of you may know this about me, but I would like to clarify:

I am not a morning person.

Today was the restaurant's first brunch. It went well, although people weren't exactly lined up at the door. 29 covers, between ten and two. We did some French toast, steak and eggs, omelettes, etc. Actually, Trevett did the omelettes. That was the deal. I don't do omelettes anymore--not since working in that grocery store. I'm scarred for life.

It was, however, fun to do breakfast cookery professionally. I think I'd like to do it for a short time in between real jobs someday. The normal, nine to five schedule is rather nice, I have to admit, though, and if I ever did it permanently it would allow me to still do intense line cooking while having more of a life. I dunno. Social lives are overrated.


No comments: