Thursday, May 19, 2005

I woke up this morning kind of late, and realized that there was absolutely no point in going to school at all. I sat around and played Navy Field some instead, got a lot of work done, and watched A New Hope.

By the way, Star Wars was good. Yeah, a lot of the acting/dialogue was so bad it was funny, but I could not help but feel a sense of peace with the world now that the saga is complete. I mean, seeing them snap that mask on the charred remnants of Anakin's face and hearing him take that first sinister breath, watching the battles and seeing the tragedy unfold as all the Jedi are massacred, seeing so many subtle things recreated (Senator Organa's ship, the perfect scene on Tattooine with the twin suns and the little hut, all the useless buttons and white lights in the Star Destroyers or in Vader's little chestbox that make the whole set look like some kind of old synthesizer) so expertly was epic. I am on a Star Wars binge right now and I am going to have to watch The Empire Strikes Back tomorrow.

No comments: