Sunday, November 21, 2004

Hurray, men's choir tomorrow. Fuck.

Sterling's birthday party was fun. My right ear still hurts from Ben Jackson's masterful vocal performance but I avoided becoming deaf by stepping outside to talk to Allison until he left. Whew. I played the drums.

Currently powered by TEH REDHAT LINUX 9.0!!!!1 I figured out how to install programs. It's more complicated than you'd think. When you download most linux apps they don't come with little self installers, but you've actually got to compile the source files yourself when you download them. So currently, in order to install the linux version of winamp, I need to download glib, in order to compile gtk, in order to install gcc, the real compiler, so that I can install xmms (linux winamp).

Why am I doing this? Well, I thought it'd be a good idea to get directx 9.0c, but it obviously wasn't, because I downloaded the bastard and when I installed it, my network card kind of quit working.

No comments: