Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Bake a tasty pie while everyone's asleep...

I made cookies the other day for the poetry club meeting consisting of peanut butter, chocolate chips, oats, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. They seemed well received. This meeting was a lot of fun as it was at my second favorite place, Milano's, where I got a huge americano and got to sit around looking at the rain until everyone arrived. Snizzle. Pop. Crackenspiel.

Good god, it rains. I am sad because I forgot to cover my workout equipment and now all of my weights are wet. Luckily the weights are encased in plastic but I really hope my bench doesn't rust a whole lot. I have to dry the stuff off when it quits raining.

Blech. The first four periods are sluggish this year. They're not really that difficult so I remain pretty happy throughout them all, but by about third period I get really restless and need to go move around. I plodded around in the mud today as a stress relief, since, well, if you wear combat boots to school, that ought to be one of the things you do with them.

I think when I can drive, a wonderful new concept for me is going to be going to Starbucks alone when I'm really bored in the evening. I love sitting in a coffee shop alone. There's so much stuff to observe and you can just relax. Not saying that sitting around with friends is a bad thing but even looking out the window in Milano's today by myself was real nice. It's the same feeling I get when I just go down to the creek in Spring Creek Oaks and nap on the concrete, which I may consider abstaining from this evening as the creek is going to be very full of waters.

No comments: