Sunday, January 19, 2003

Wow, I haven't updated in a week. I guess it's just because of the boringness of sitting around here. Even though I have nothing to do, I can't seem to find the effort in me to write anything in the blog. Since my computer is dead, I'm really just sitting around here on AIM, listening to music and drinking tea. But I don't really care about my computer. It'l be nice once I get the money to fix it, but it's not a necessity. I'm too happy with my life!

Yesterday I was over at Jenn's house busy "fixing her computer". I really did get some work done, but we ended up on her couch watching Ever After. Such a sad movie! Her parents want me to network their computers once they get their new one, and I have to say, it's probably going to be pretty challenging. I've set up router/cable modem networks before, but I've never done anything with wireless technology, and I think I really have to do some research on the top hardware that's out there today. I am not drilling holes in their house to lay cable; it's just too much trouble.

So anyway, last week was a maelstrom of nothingness. Benchmark test in English, and two days of practically sitting around doing nothing made that class once again trivial. We'll start reading Julius Caesar on Tuesday. Exciting.

PE has been a lot of fun, I guess... It's really just a routine of going there after first period, getting dressed, warming up and running around, and playing basketball, which I suck at. A lot. It doesn't really matter though, because being white is like a 30% penalty to basketball skills anyway. It's true!

My new programming period is a little more amusing than the old one, in the sense that there are some people I know in there. Not my favorite people, but people. Bryan Balouchi and Mitchel Davison are a few, and some guys in the back that play the Hellsing soundtrack a lot. Kinda cool, but the class itself continues to be very, very boring and trivial. I hate Visual BASIC.

Lunch goes on much as it has the past two months, I sit with Jenn, Bret and now Todd, whose schedule was changed. Lunch is really an oasis of stuff that actually happens in school. Is it just that classes start back up slowly that everything's boring, or what?

Chemistry is still really cool. While everyone else does calorimetry problems, I just copy the answers off the board and draw Todd as John Lennon for most of the period. He's got a guitar and the glasses and everything! It's awesome. Halley's still a really cool friend to have in there too. I cherish our walks to fifth period, where we make fun of Palisin's retarded "race for his girlfriend". He literally sprints across the campus to see her...

Choir's getting a little more intense as we begin learning the nine or ten songs we'll be singing in New York. Sectional seating sucks though. I have to sit between Palisin and the tenors, and there's not a worse place to sit. When did Adam turn into Uberfag anyway? His perverted sense of humor kinda gets on my nerves these days. Julia says he thinks I'm a queer or somesuch, as if I could care less. I'm obviously not gay, and he's the one obsessed with really bad jokes involving the male reproductive system. Ugh. "Look guys! My pen is wiggly! Get it?"

Geometry is pretty cool these days, as I've finally gotten a decent seating arrangement. I sit with Kara Collister, Sam Whatshisname, and some other girl who goes over and sits with other people anyway. Sam's this cool rebellious guy who tells us how much ROTC sucks every day, and how much he wants to get out of it, or kill the counselors in the process. Kara's funny cause she's really a pretty intelligent person, and tries hard to get good grades and stuff, but she seems all ditzy when she doesn't understand someone. Silly silly people...

I didn't mention what I did on Friday! Me, Jenn, Jeff and Rachel all went down to the Mormon dance! I dunno whether it's some annual thing or just some church activity, but I saw a lot of people I know, that are actually Mormons. Was very weird. Saw Adam there too, and he was all like "Hey, it's my best buddy from choir", and then we headed the other direction. In any case, the dance royally sucked. The DJ was this old guy who enjoyed playing really old Backstreet Boys and N'Sync songs, so it was nothing short of torture. In fact, it was. We left after about 45 minutes and just hung out at Jenn's house. Her couch > church's gymnasium.

Tomorrow is the long expected holiday. I love getting Mondays off, it takes the suckiness off of them and doesn't really even dump it on the Tuesdays. Anyway, me, Jenn and Rob are going to Julia's to hang out and "watch TV". I absolutely can't wait to see Jenn, especially after the boringness of today. And can't wait to give Julia her bday present! Hurrah for Target gifts! Rob better not be sick tomorrow though. Imagine the sadness!

No comments: