Sunday, January 05, 2003

Well, I'm bored. Which means I should be able to write for quite a while tonight. The holiday after the new year turned upon us has been a lot of fun. Twice now have me and Julia been over at Rob's house, and once with Jenn. Jenn and I are still doing great, "going steady" now as my mom likes to make fun of me, and so I'm quite happy. A new couple has emerged in the midst of my friends, however, and an unlikely one at that! Rob and Julia. Yes, strange as I may find it, my tranquil Asian friend and my psycho-blender ninja of an EverQuest addict have fallen for each other. Just today they announced to me that they're going out. I never did see Rob as the romantic type, but the past two times Julia and I have been over to his house, they've been pretty flirtatious. Blanket provides a good deception, no?

In other news, I'm bored. My computer continues to be an arch-demon of terrible power, and it takes great delight in knowing I can't do anything other than update this blog and chat on AIM. I went down to Imagine Computers today and bought a new processor, which set me back about 58 bucks. Turns out my Compaq motherboard is too old and crappy for the speed I bought, so I'll also need a new one of those. There goes my money from Dennis' job. Anyway, once I get the parts, my computer will work, and all will be well at my house. Of course, all really is well, besides the fact that I'm bored. I haven't been home long enough to play any EQ anyway, considering how much I'm out of the house these days. *grin*

My past life is weird. I almost bored Julia and Jennifer to death today talking about our former relations with the Gillespies in our private chatroom. The Gillespies were a family of about 12 who lived here a year or so before moving to Maine. I hung out at their house quite a lot, mostly for lack of a better thing to do. Kieron's pretty stupid. He always forgot our names or had us run out to get network cables before remembering he had five spares in his desk drawer. Caitlin was his, well, interesting sister. She was a hardened and bitter Randalls employee who simply snapped one day while Rob and I were catching a ride home with her. Randalls was full of racist and sexist bastards, and they were quite mean to Cait. Evan was the cooler one of Kieron's brothers, the ominous and evil figure that he was. He sort of lived in this corner of the house I remember best, and was nicer to Rob and I than to Kieron himself. He enjoyed playing EQ and sleeping until 5 PM. Enough said.

I hope I've bored you out of your minds. I'm going to go try to sleep now...

No comments: